This decadent cheese dip makes for a zesty appetizer to please any crowd. For those who love nachos, this dish will be a big hit. It would be a great finger food to serve while watching sports or even playing a board game.
I use Bothwell’s Monterey Jack cheese in this recipe, but any type of melting cheese will work wonderfully – mozzerella, provelone, asiago, fontina, etc.
Chorizo is a spicy Mexican sausage made from pork and seasoned with chilies, garlic and cumin. Look for it at the deli section of your local supermarket. If you can’t find it, you can substitute with any kind of pork sausage – just add some cumin, paprika and cayenne for a similar flavor.
Baked Chorizo con Queso Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound fresh chorizo sausage sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 cup fresh salsa•
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Bothwell Monterey Jack
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and chorizo and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes until slightly soft, around 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and green onion until combined. Transfer mixture to shallow ovenproof dish. Bake at 350℉ until mixture is bubbly, around 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.